Journal Technologies (referred to hereafter as "JournalTech") and the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles (referred to hereafter as "the Court") requires that you read and agree to the following terms and conditions for this online Court Reservation System (referred to hereafter as "CRS") before use:
- CRS allows you to reserve and manage a motion hearing date. You will be asked to provide information and answer a series of questions. You need to provide the required information and answers to those questions accurately and completely. Incomplete or inaccurate information and/or answers may result in delay or cancellation of your reservation and/or related hearing.
- Prior to scheduling or continuing any motion in the CRS system, you must review the online information (if any) for the specific courtroom in which you are reserving motions. There may be specific and unique conditions associated with the scheduling and continuance of motions and proceedings using CRS in the various courtrooms.
- You will be charged the applicable motion filing fee and/or first paper fee at the time you make your reservation. You will be charged the applicable continuance fee if you reschedule your reservation. No additional fees are charged to use CRS. Once the motion hearing is reserved or rescheduled, the fee is non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- Use of CRS does not alter or extend any statutory deadlines, including giving notice. It is your sole responsibility to select a date and serve and file the corresponding documents pursuant to the statutory requirements.
- If you are filing multiple motions, you must make a separate reservation and pay any applicable fees for each motion, even if the motions will be heard simultaneously.
- You must not reserve more than one hearing date in CRS for the same motion.
- You must furnish one or more electronic notification (e-mail) addresses at which you agree to accept reservation notifications, in the manner specified by JournalTech.
- After you make your reservation via CRS, JournalTech will send a reservation email to the e-mail address that you provided. The email will include a Reservation ID and PIN that will be required should you wish to reprint your receipt, update your contact information, reschedule or cancel your reservation. If your case is assigned to a courtroom with more than one judge, the email will also include an attached chart setting forth the name of the judge who will normally hear law & motion hearings at specified times on specified days. Receiving the email does not mean your motion has been added to the Court's calendar.
- You can only consider your reservation has been added to the court's calendar as a future hearing date when you have done all of the following: (a) served and filed the motion document(s), (b) paid all applicable fees, and (c) received a confirmation email from the Court.
- In consideration of your use of CRS, you agree to maintain and promptly update your Contact Information to keep it current.
- Although CRS sends automatic email when the status of a reservation changes, it is your responsibility to ensure CRS and the Court's record reflect your understanding of the reservation and/or future hearing date status. You can track the status of your reservation using the CRS View/Update Reservation feature, and you can track future hearing dates and confirm the filing of documents using Case Summary.
- JournalTech provides security measures to protect your personal information, including credit card details, during and after your visit to our web site. Nevertheless, it is crucial that, as a user, you protect against unauthorized access to your PIN and to your computer and that you always log off when finished using a shared computer. Further, you should be aware that no system is impenetrable. Thus, it is your responsibility to monitor diligently your credit card statements, bank statements and similar personal information so as to discover and address as quickly as possible any misuse of your personal information.
- You must comply with all requirements of JournalTech to ensure the integrity of the reservation and to protect sensitive personal information.
- You will be assigned a PIN unique to your reservation. Please treat your PIN carefully as you would your credit card or other important personal information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the PIN for your reservation, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your PIN or reservation. You agree to (a) immediately notify JournalTech of any unauthorized use of your PIN or any other breach of security.
- The information provided through this web site does not constitute an official record of the Court.
- JournalTech reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any services provided on this web site and any conditions of use with or without notice. You agree that JournalTech shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of any services or parts of this web site.
- JournalTech may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate access to this web site. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of this User Agreement or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) discontinuance of services or content modifications to this web site, (d) technical problems or errors, and (e) extended periods of inactivity.
- In no event shall JournalTech or any other government agency, entity or body or any vendor or service provider associated with any of our online efforts be liable for damages of any nature based on any theory of liability, including but not limited to contract, negligence or other torts (including intentional torts), including but not limited to damages for loss of property, loss of profits, lost, compromised or impaired claims, lost savings, lost fees, or any other damages, whatsoever, arising out of or relating in any way to the use of this web site. Accordingly, you acknowledge and understand that you use this web site at your own risk and that your agreement to this User Agreement is a material inducement to JournalTech's decision to make this web site available for your use.
By clicking "I Agree" button you have read, understand and agree to the terms of this User Agreement. I Agree